Sunday, May 25, 2008

I'm Back....well, sort of...

I have been on a blogging hiatus for the last week. Not really sure where the time went, but it's GONE and going ever faster.

Pate is doing quite well these days. Todd and I have decided he is part monkey and part goat. I was cooking this afternoon and walked around to the other side of the island and came back to find Pate sitting IN the dishwasher. He was quite pleased with himself and NOT pleased with me when I told him it wasn't a good idea.

He will also put ANYTHING in his mouth. and not just once.....he continues to put the same yucky thing back in that I just removed. which is an x-games sport to dive in and try to remove. The 6 teeth that he has are SHARP! I keep far from a perfect house, but theirs nothing like a baby pointing out the most miniscule object on the floor.

In other news....he has had a full 2(?) weeks of GI issues that I will spare the details on. However, he has a horrible diaper rash. HORRIBLE. I am trying to let him go without a diaper as often and long as possible (clean-up isle 4), putting baking soda in his bath water, drying him with my hairdryer after the bath, and putting an inch thick layer of Desitin everytime I change him. It doesn't seem to be working as quickly as we both would wish. If any of my mommy and nurse friends have a suggestion, we certianly are open.

1 comments:

Tricia Welch said...

I think Elliott and Pate might be related to the same goat. Try Dr. Smith's diaper cream with Aquaphor on top of it. It has worked like a charm for us! Feel better soon, Pate!